Blog Archive

Awkward and Awesome Thursday...

Normally I would split up my "A&AT" post and my outfit post...but today they are somewhat related. 
Is anyone else getting the "lovely" rainy, gloomy weather that the southeast is getting right now?  Well, rain + my hair = not a good look.  So, I didn't wash my hair (dry shampoo) this morning because it was pointless to even make that effort...and I paid the price by having awkward hair today.  I ran out of time this morning and didn't have time to curl it (my usual "I didn't wash my hair today" routine) so I went with the side braid...
 cream sweater thing: H&M
lgt. blue button down: BITTEN by SJP
black silk skirt: LOFT
belt: H&M
tights and oxfords: Target
This sweater is, I guess, what you call an "open knit".  You can definitely see through the knit and is not meant to be worn alone.  I have big plans for it during the summer to wear it with my "jorts" and to pull it down on one shoulder with a tank/cami underneath, SEE:  Flashdance.  But, I thought it'd try it with a collared shirt today...the jury is still out on whether it's a keeper  because of where the seams hit on the sleeves, it makes my shoulders look crazy broad. 
Halfway through these pictures, I just gave up on the braid and pulled some of my fringe out of my face and let it be awkward.
and now as I type this it's in a ponytail
I'll try again tomorrow. :-/

AWKWARD:
- driving to pick up my mom to get HER car out of the shop, when mine decides to start smoking on the inside, coming from my steering column.  Yep.  A nice eletrical burn smell.  It ended up being that my turning signal shorted out. 
- having to get picked up at a gas station by "the guy who works on our cars", and him giving me a ride to my mom's school in a car that he's currently working on that REEKS of cigarette smoke (gross)...and he's a looker too, I tell ya.  But he did save me the towing charge by coming later and picking up my car to work on it (they even drop it back off at my house after they fix it)
- when he dropped me off at my mom's school, they had taken the door handles off on the inside while working on the car, and he had to get out and open the door for me to get out.
- I've already covered this one earlier but...my hair today
MY BLOG at about midnight Tuesday night when I was trying out new layouts, fonts and templates.  I swear I went through 5 different looks.  I didn't get to bed until 1:30 in the morning.
- having to cover the ISS (In School Suspension) classroom during my "planning" period and making random eye contact with 25 students for an hour and a half.  I felt like I was being punished too.

AWESOME:
- my high school is going to the state championship in basketball this weekend in Raleigh and I'm staying with my brother and his wife Kelly!  yay family time!
- I'm biting the bullet (thanks to a friends nudging) and starting to research buying a "new" car...I've gotta shake this "crappy car stigma" that has followed me around since...ever
- I'm chaperoning a band trip for a friend next month to Washington D.C.!  I've never been there before and I'm really excited!  His kids are good and I'll know most of them from last year's trip to Atlanta.
- that "dent" that I put in the back bumper of my mom's car back in November (banning me from ever driving that car again, except for "emergencies") seems to have popped itself out...and only the scratches are left.  TAKE THAT STUPID CEMENT BARRIER!!
- a baked sweet potato with cinnamon and brown sugar
- Thursday afternoons when I can catch up on all of the DVR-ed shows I've missed this week so far...FINALLY getting to see Glee!

We are thisclose to the weekend!  Keep on truckin'!

XOXO Bevin