Blog Archive

Two lives.. Swedish style..

Two lives.. to abodes.. Both equally delightful, in their own right. Which one is you? Where would you rather live?




Tucked away, in-between the sparkly waters of the North Sea and the tall pine trees on a remote island in the Stockholm archipelago, is this divine little cottage.


How can one not want to pack ones bag and head over immediately - perhaps even permanently? I know my Swedish heart beats extra fast at the sight of a simple and warm hide-away like this.


The elegant yet rustic sleekness of the architectural bones are wonderful. Add to that the open dynamics and flooding natural lights, this tailor-made cottage is just heaven to me! In fact this here would be the perfect artist's escape - a place to rest, restore and paint or write!












Next, we catch the boat into the heart of Stockholm - arguably the most beautiful capital in the world. Nestled high above the rooftops we find a quirky attic apartment with a strong personality.




Similar to our lovely cottage above, this home basks in amazing natural light. It is indeed a very important factor to us Scandinavians, and something that we always notice where ever we are. 
The slanted ceiling and deep window niches are beyond charming, and I really like how these original features are contrasted against an otherwise sleek and contemporary take on decor.



Who do you think lives here? There is in fact a child's room in the original gallery of images and I like the idea of a little cherub running around the open white space of this amazing apartment.
I also adore that massive built-in bookshelf, and though I could never bring myself to arrange my books by colour, I think it works very well here.





 All images by Martin Löf


So which one will it be my dears? No 1 or no 2? Perhaps both..?


xx Charlotta