Blog Archive

Pushing Myself... Watercolor Workshop with Jane Lafazio



OK.. time to push. I have never taken a true drawing class. But, here I am in Utah, learning how to sketch and create water color journal art. Talk about stretchiiinnnngggg.







Look at the environment. The view from the 'cabin'.


So, meet Jane Lafazio (www.plainjanestudio.com). Jane is our amazing instructor, who is guiding our way. Dianne Streifer is our host, Creative Mountain Retreats.

So... bit by bit, I'm finding my way. Thus far, I've done three pieces, and am losing the fear. Here is the class.


Our first sketch/water color, was to take a faux bird and sketch it. Then, ink it in, and then, paint it. Here are a few images.


Today, we went to 'town' and found objects at a boutique to sketch. Things like... a bird's nest.