Blog Archive

Loo make over

OK the smallest room in the house has already had a mini makeover but what do you do when you have some free time on the weekend and it is raining and cold outside AND you are in a self imposed no shopping (as in not spending money) mode.... well, you could relax....read a book.....watch a movie....but nooooo.... I have to do a room makeover!!

I know I am nuts but as I said it had to cost nothing and what the heck....


I decided on stripes....


lots of masking tape...


only 2 stripes... I have no reason for that amount


I was just going to do the white stripes but it didn't look right (nothing like designing on the run!)


so I decided to use the stencil from my bedroom and the same paint as the wall colour...


the prison mirror was already in here, I have had it for years


the wall tiles are painted, I did it at the same time I did the bathroom makeover, when I can afford it this little room and the bathroom will have a proper reno. Unfortunately for now the floor tiles will have to stay.




The photos are a reminder of my trip to Italy a few years ago...so everytime I go to the loo... I have a little view! I need to do some sort of window treatment, that will come in time. I am not sure how long this look will last, I guess it depends on the next wet weekend when I have nothing to do....

Linking to parties at...

Tip Junkie handmade projects