Blog Archive

all the right moves

I finally have the next Mad Men post for y'all! (why do I keep saying y'all lately? don't know, just seems to work in print.)

this is my Peggy Olson outfit. I actually wore it last week with the intention of posting it much sooner, but the weather was crap and not so good for photo-taking. so here we are.

this is one of two gorgeous dresses I got one Christmas from Leproust Vintage (I miss her blog!). I wore this one a few times, then kinda felt like it looked a little overwhelming, and sort of child-like. which apparently I am very much into right now. I recently fell in love with it all over again, which just goes to show I'm right- getting rid of clothes is never a good idea, because someday you will love it again and want it back!

anyways I think it's a perfect Peggy dress; plaid, collared, a-line, and cute!

dress- vintage // tights + belt- american apparel // hat- new look // jacket- primark // shoes- aldo

Peggy might not wear this particular hat, but she does seem to enjoy hats in general. and the jacket reminded me of her as well. add a pair of simple heels and fresh-faced make-up and there you have it! the 60s, Peggy style. well, Peggy, Sarah style. 

other news of note- all the positivity paid off! we have a new, even better apartment in the city centre, and it's going to be cute & cozy when I'm finished with it! we're so relieved. and happy to have a view like this...


I think we live in the only building taller than four storeys for miles.
thanks for all your good thoughts!

playing: voodoo child- jimi hendrix