Blog Archive

Black boarded!

I keep pinning these great quotes on Pinterest but how can I appreciate them in my home? The answer is a blackboard....I will be able to change them round regularly to suit whatever is happening in our lives at the moment.

The perfect place to put it is on the back of the loo door! That way every time we go in to (cogitate) we will be staring right at that quote!!!

Soooo.... I looked around for a nice frame and found this one in the back of my cupboard, I have never liked the pencil nude in it (I purchased at an auction quite a few years ago, just because it was so cheap.... I must go back to auctions, they are a lot of fun....but I digress)


I didn't like the old gold look though, so I removed the glass and drawing and gave the frame a glaze with silver acrylic paint, let it dry for about 5 minutes and then wiped some of it back. I then cut a piece of thin MDF I had to size and sealed it with Zinser, I then sprayed it with black board paint - I am not sure if I would use the spray paint again as it seemed to take so many coats to get a solid colour, I think the paint on chalk board paint would have been easier but at least it dried quickly.

Then I simply slipped the painted board into the frame and dada!!!!


I also found this nifty little chalk marker at the hardware store, it goes on a bit like a white board marker and comes in different colours. It wipes of with a damp cloth and doesn't leave a chalky residue.


Then I chose a very appropriate quote for me .... and maybe some others in this house.....


4 kg lighter and still going!!!

linking to parties at...
Savy Southern Style
Mod Vintage Life
Delightful Order