Blog Archive

"I almost wish we were butterflies..."

"I almost wish we were butterflies and liv'd but three summer days - three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain." -- John Keats








I've had such a lovely, incredible day today. We didn't end up going out yesterday evening, as my poor mommy got sick. But she was feeling all better today so we had a fun day out shopping, getting pizza, and riding go-karts! I swear, those things are super fun but they scare the heck out of me, haha. I found the most adorable little black dress for just thirteen bucks, and it's totally makes me feel like Audrey Hepburn. I just adore beautiful, summer days spent with my family, and today was wonderful.










 This white dress is so versatile, and it's perfect for summer. The locket I'm wearing was a gift from my grandma a few years back, and while I don't wear it all that often, I think it's beautiful and was so thoughtful of her. The other day I was trying to think of something to put in it, and I don't have any little photos to cut into heart shapes, I thought I could write down a little line or verse and put it in there. I did a line from Peter Pan, "To love will be an awfully big adventure." It was on the teeny tiniest piece of paper, but it still didn't fit. Oh, well!

I'm watching Becoming Jane right now, and it's one of my favorite movies. I know it's not entirely accurate at all, but I love it anyway. It gets me crying every single time, as do most Jane Austen films. If you haven't seen it before you should. It's just wonderful.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

xo
Maria E.

dress: forever21
belt: vintage
heeled oxfords: target
ankle socks: charlotte russe
hat: thrifted
locket: gifted
bag: vintage, for sale in my shop here, listing # 2