Blog Archive

nostalgia

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." -- L.M. Montgomery








I've felt so nostalgic and dreamy the past few days...nothing incredibly wonderful or interesting has happened to make me feel so light, actually the opposite. The past few days have been very trying and stressful for me, but somehow it causes my mind to go into its little bubble/dream world that I can escape to when I need it. Not that I'm detached from reality, not in the least, but that my mind isn't flooded with all the stress that I feel, and that I can keep it separate so I can just think and daydream without it being disturbed by my problems. Consequently, I've been working on lots of poetry lately, as well as on some of my novels. It feels good to just have the writing flow without any strain.








My auntie and cousin are coming to visit tomorrow! They've never come to visit us before, and they'll be staying for a couple days. I'm really excited! We've got lots of fun plans for the weekend with them. :)  I probably won't be blogging a whole lot, but I've got a few things lined up to be posted, so if I have time I'll make sure to pop in. :)

xo
Maria Elyse

dress: charlotte russe
hat: gifted
briefcase: parents' backgammon case
shoes: vintage
lace socks: charlotte russe