Blog Archive

Demo day @ Strikes

Well, i've had the most lovely day at Strikes in Northallerton - I met some wonderful ladies (and gentlemen!) and I was so well looked after! I have loads of lovely pics to share with you all...


First of all, here are the wonderful staff from the Northallerton store, they were so lovely, and looked after me so well all day!


This very talented lady had brought along some of her paint fusion cards which she'd done onto parchment to show me...And of course, I couldn't have managed without my wonderful little helper Pam Leng (she's on our Design Team) -Pam had only popped in to say hello, but I roped her into helping demonstrate the eCraft machine! And the lovely lady she is demonstrating to brought me a big tin of chocolates to say thank you because I donated some craft tools to the school where she works (my old school!)And it was lovely to meet some of my facebook friends... Donna even brought me a wonderful flower fairies card that she'd made...

And this incredibly talented lady had made a gorgeous necklace using all products from our Beader's Companion company - Sarah will be proud when I show her! I've already asked if it's OK to 'borrow' that idea and have a go myself at this necklace because I think it's stunning!
And this lady had only recently started crafting, and this was her first go on the rock a blocks...
And of course... it was perfect first time, but she just couldn't believe it!
This incredibly talented woman had brought in her certificate to show me as she had won first prize in a local competition for one of her cards that she'd made on the ultimate (you can just about see the card in the photograph)My mum came down for the afternoon after she finished work... she wasn't overly interested in what I was demonstrating (she said she'd seen it all before!) but spent plenty of time gosipping with the customers and bringing them cups of tea!And she brought my nana (her mum - i the green dress) and Helen my sister down (who were a lot more interested!) in fact, Helen was so interested in my Paint Fusion demo that she's organised to come round to my house on Monday so we can have a 'fusion afternoon'!Everyone was watching every brushstroke as I was showing Sheena's paint fusion techniqueAnd it was lovely to meet some of our members - this lady was a gold member and had traveled up to Northallerton for the day with her husband especially to meet me in person!And this mother and daughter were so lovely - they sat for ages learning all my little tips and tricks on the ultimate and then decided to buy themselves and eCraft!And at the end of the day we packed up and mum, nana and Helen helped me carry everything to the car...What a fabulous day - thank you to everyone who came and made it so special, and thank you to everyone at Strikes! Hope to see you all again!


Sara xxx