Blog Archive

All Tied up...

After the last EBEW challenge with maxi skirts/dresses, I wanted to try this way of styling a maxi dress where a button down is worn over it and tied at the waist after seeing many of the bloggers rocking it.  I only have one TRUE maxi length dress and had thoughts of wearing my chambray shirt over this but wanted a pop of color instead.  Again...this top is NOT orange, but more of a coral pink/honeysuckle (stoopid camera).

PS...check the fishtail braid!
top: Old Navy (2010)
maxi dress: Old Navy (oooold)
gold sandals: Target (2010)
necklace: H&M
fishtail braid:  ME!!!
So we're back from Spring Break!  I enjoyed my break; relaxed and didn't worry about getting a blog post done (obvi), but now I'm back and ready to be inspired!  I'm hitting the ground running with restarting my job search after hearing that I wont have my job again next school year.  I'm looking locally, but also keeping my options open for moving.  I'd love to move to a more metropolitan area.  One of the MANY MANY reasons that I want to move to NYC in particular is that I want to live somewhere where I don't HAVE to own a car to get around.  Cars are a hassle (especially these days with crazy high gas prices) and I hate the maintenance.  I love the idea of taking a ride around my city...not having to keep my eyes on the road and taking it all in. ...someday!  But if you know of anyone hiring...let me know! :-)

XOXO Bevin