Blog Archive

Adventures in Job Searching...again

So the job search is in full force again.  I’m officially looking in Austin (a definite possibility come August/September), New York (DREAAAAAAM!), and Charlotte (…ya know…’cause I’d still be around my family and friends).  But the part I hate the most of about the job search (despite coming up empty when it comes to prospects) is writing a cover letter.  I mean, don’t get me wrong, I can write about myself forever (hello BLOG), but there’s something so cheesy about cover letters that makes my skin crawl.  So in natural “ME” fashion,  I made a list, A-Z, of my marketable skills, some experiences, and character traits that I may want to include in future cover letters.  Just for fun…and in case someone who’s hiring comes across this…here’s what I have so far on my list.  There will definitely be additions and deletions (and yes, I did have to stretch it for some of the letters):

Active Listener, Analytical, Accounting
Business Degree, Business Minded, Blogging
Creative, Confident in my work, Communication
Detailed Oriented, Determined, Delegating
Easy to work with, Energetic
Forward thinking, Friendly, Forecasting, Fashion
Goal Oriented, Well in Groups
Handy, Hands on Learner
Intelligent, Internship
Judicious, Jovial
Keen, Kind
List Maker
Multitasker, Motivating
Non-verbal cues (observant of)
Organized, Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
Problem Solver, Promotions experience, Punctual, Presentations
Quick-witted
Retail experience
Self-starter, Social Media
Team player, Time Management
Unites
Veracious
Work Ethic, Writing
Xerox (I can make copies!)
Youthful
Zealous

Outfit post are going to resume soon!  We are finally starting to wrap up the school year...so it's been crazy.  Yeah yeah, I know, excuses excuses :-)

XOXO Bevin