Blog Archive

time hurries on, and the leaves that are green turn to brown

"I was twenty-one years when I wrote this song
I'm twenty-two now but I won't be for long
Time hurries on, and the leaves that are green turn to brown,
And they wither with the wind, and they crumble in your hand

Once my heart was filled with the love of a girl

I held her close, but she faded in the night
Like a poem I meant to write. And the leaves that are green turn to brown,
And they wither with the wind, and they crumble in your hand

I threw a pebble in a brook, and watched the ripples run away

And they never made a sound, and the leaves that are green turned to brown
And they wither with the wind, and they crumble in your hand
"
{Leaves That Are Green, by Simon and Garfunkel}







Yup, I have a severe case of Simon and Garfunkel obsession. It's progressive, has no cure, and is wonderful. I swear, I've listened to this song at least thirty or so times in the past couple days. I've always loved that song, ever since I was little, but each time I listen to it gets more and more beautiful. I mean really, every single one of their songs has lovely, poetic lyrics (except for that one of theirs about the zoo or something...but it's really sixties, so whatever, haha), beautiful instrumental arrangements, and amazing vocals. What's not to love? ♥





me and wendy! :)

I know I keep wearing these shoes, but summer's almost over, and so I may as well get as much use out of them as I possibly can before it's too late in autumn. Summer is somewhat getting on my nerves though...the humidity is driving me crazy! Curly hair + humidity = trouble. I really can't wait for fall! :)

Happy Tuesday, my lovelies!

xo
Maria

dress: target (old dress from the girls' section)
ankle socks: charlotte russe
platform sandals: target
purse: vintage, for sale in my shop
flower crown: c/o victoria
brooch: gifted