Blog Archive

Inspire me Monday / Couture days

Good morning and happy Monday everyone. Hope you all had a fantastic weekend.
It's my daughter's year 10 formal today and she's been frantic preparing...We have had a lot of dramas and tears over the past 24 hours...it's funny how as parents we always think that we can resolve anything until we stumble (quite badly) across the next hurdle and learn our next lesson...And most of the time the reason of the disagreement is silly, futile. For instance after buying Izzy's dress, shoes and accessories for her formal I was quite determined not to hire a make up artist and a hairdresser to do her hair and make-up. Of course she had a different opinion about it. Now tell me, do you think I'm being unreasonable? I understand that it is an important day for her and that is why I've done my best to make her happy but the real issue is precisely that: happiness, and that is why I've decided that really what she needed was to comprehend that firstly money doesn't grow on trees and secondly it cannot buy happiness. At the end of the day it's all about having fun and enjoying the moment, isn't it? I think she can finally see my point (it only took me two days to convince her!)
Let me tell you it is not easy to amuse a teenage girl and extremely difficult when it's your own child and the last thing you want is to hurt her...Hardest job int the world being a parent, isn't it? I always thought  it's all about finding the right balance between gentleness and firmness...easier said than done of course. Well it's been a bumpy ride and I think we've learnt more about each other this past weekend than we have in the past year but our love for each other has definitely come out stronger than ever.
It's been a lot of fun too, we have enjoyed going through sites and magazines together and tested each other's knowledge for fashion and good taste (!!!)
The world of haute couture is fascinating...I love the glamour, the gowns, the hair, the brilliance...I mean who doesn't? So I thought why not having a bit of fun? Here are some gorgeous haute couture finds...enjoy!
 Alexander Mcqueen heels...divine!



 Chanel gorgeousness


Spectacular gowns at Dior haute couture fashion show


Why not accessorise with a messy bun? (it always looks stylish for some reason, don't you think?)


Givenchy haute couture...just stunning

images pinterest

And if you are hosting "pre drinks" then there's nothing more appropriate than haute couture cup cakes...yum!


Have a fantastic week :)

Claudia xo