Blog Archive

A Day of Earrings

Well, I'm back to blogging after a long hiatus, apologies for the delay to all of my followers! The past month has been very busy, as I am in the final stages of a very intensive book project (more on that in a future post), and then last week I got waylaid by a bad flu bug that's been circulating the mountain.
But I'm back now, and feeling perfect, and ready to teach a fun workshop this Thursday at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations in Palm Desert.
"A Day of Earrings" includes instruction on the four earring designs featured in this post, and it's very intensive so I cannot guaranty that we will finish four complete pairs. But, we'll certainly make at least one of each style and you will go home with the know-how and the handouts to complete them at home.
The four designs include (from the top): Squiggle earrings, Angel's Earrings (both featured in my new book-with-DVD, Wire Art Jewelry Workshop), Ripple earrings (from Arty Jewelry II), and Snake Vertebra Earrings (pictured below)—this design is very similar to the one in Wire Art Jewelry Workshop but I have since added a few techniques to make them even more beautiful.
For a supply list, click here.
The class costs $90 including a full day of instruction and detailed workshop handout. You will need to provide your own wire and beads, headpins, bead caps, etc. and jewelry tools, but if you make your earrings using copper wire they won't be very expensive at all. I estimate about $25 for all materials if working in copper.
My earrings are all made of sterling silver wire so they would be pricey to make now, with silver at $30 a troy ounce. You can of course also work in gold-filled if that is your preference, but I discourage using brass wire because it's very tough and hard to manipulate.
Hope to see you at Monica's!
To register for the class, call 760-772-2400.
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn