Blog Archive

New blog: Cortona, Italy wire art jewelry adventure

I'm very excited to announce that I have just created an informative new blog for my upcoming trip to Cortona, Italy this Aug/Sept. Here is the link: http://italyjewelryworkshop.blogspot.com
You'll find all the information about the workshops and fun excursions we'll be participating in, and I also have included sidebars with links to helpful travel sites (these will help you snag the best airfare), plus sites relating to the Tuscany region of Italy, which we'll be exploring while we shop the fun flea markets.
After the retreat, I'll spend a few more days in Cortona so that I can take the train to Arezzo for its famous flea market and festival on Sunday, the Joust of the Saracen. This is an amazing opportunity, you don't want to miss it! If you're interested in joining me for the workshop retreat and a trip extension, just let me know. You can email me by clicking here.
I haven't blogged here recently because I have been sooooo busy! Last week I was in San Diego taking a terrific workshop with portrait artist and watercolor instructor Myrna Wachnov. She has a terrific blog, be sure to check it out: http://myrnawacknov.blogspot.com
You can see a photo of Myrna below, getting ready to deliver one of her morning lectures and demonstrations. Her paintings are pictured behind her; these are all distorted images of a Frenchman she photographed a few years ago. Myrna taught us a really fun and creative technique for distorting facial features on a grid, and then how to use various painting methods including lots of great texturing techniques. I enjoyed the workshop but was too exhausted at the end of each day to do any blogging!
I also celebrated my 50th birthday last week and it felt great, actually. I have so many friends who are fabulous in their 50s, the decade holds no fear for me. Turning 40 was much worse! I'm actually quite happy and pleased to be 50. This week I'm devoted to setting new goals for the next 10 years, and I'm writing everything down now, which is something I haven't done that much of before. I believe it's important to write things down, as it helps to clarify what you really intend to do and helps set realistic, specific goals with details on how to achieve them.
Tomorrow I'm teaching a great class over at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations:
We'll be making Copper Swirl Pins (although you may choose to use sterling or fine silver or even gold-filled wire if you prefer) plus a new necklace design based on the pin... no photo yet, because the sample is in the store, but if you'd like to join us, please do!
To register for the class, call Monica's: 760-772-2400.
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn