Blog Archive

Copper Swirl Stick-Pin last Thursday

I'm finally able to upload some photos from the class I taught last Thursday at Monica's Quilt & Bead Creations in Palm Desert! It's been super-busy here since then, because I'm working on some new jewelry projects that I hope to include in a new book to be published sometime in the future...
Anyway, my finished pin is pictured above, after I got it home and antiqued it in LOS.
Here are a couple of happy students, snowbirds from Canada...
And here are two more happy students! We had a very enjoyable day at Monica's, and surrounded by the beautiful quilts in the classroom we could not help but be inspired.
As you can see, lots of color and student bling-bling was on display...
I love this finished pin as well, especially the use of flower-shaped beads and green leaves, which I would not have thought of using myself. Lovely!
I also showed the students how to alter the basic stick-pin design and turn it into a necklace. Nobody finished that in class; it's a bit complex and we didn't have time for two complete projects. But later on I'll photograph my sample necklace and show it here on the blog.
In other news, I now have FOUR students signed up for my Cortona Wire-Art Adventure in Italy! The tour organizer is offering $100 discount to everyone who signs up with a deposit by January 31, so if you're on the fence, I encourage you to enroll right away. We have lots of fun excursions planned as well as some beautiful jewelry to make that will forever remind us of our adventures in Italy. For information, click here.
Happy wrapping,
Sharilyn