Blog Archive

friday five.

I now dedicate this Friday, and every future Friday, to the number Five. 
So that on Friday you'll read my Five and you'll feel alive. (Or not . . . I'm just a big fan of rhymes.) 
Each Friday you'll find a list of different things.
A gathering of thoughts, or items I find interesting. 
(Stop groaning in agony, the poem's ending now . . . lest you call me a crazy, rhyme-loving cow)

Sometimes I wish...
1. Michael never died. 
Or changed the color of his skin. 
Or hacked up his nose. 
Or strung out his hair. 
But mostly I wish he was still alive and singing songs that Jive. 
RIP Michael. I love you.

2. Punky Brewster still rocked the tv airwaves. 
In her neon mis-matching perfection.
Honing her pig-tailed style. 
Annoying the creepy old guy she lived with (did anyone else question that one?)
And making us join in the canned laughter with her slap-stick comedy act.

3. Crystal Pepsi was back. 
Called a Cola, but looking like carbonated water.
Confusing us with the strange non-cola taste.
Looking almost pure enough to be called healthy.
Having the coolest soda name ever! 

4. Bell-ward never happened. 
I'm not talking book 1, 2, or 3.
But the fourth atrocity that makes me vomit in my mouth.
The freaky child baby with man teeth. 
The bed braking you know what. 
Gross.

5. Ice Ice Baby was still numero uno. 
When saying "word to your mother" made you cool.
You'd say "Stop" and I'd say "collaborate and listen"
And together we could bust out the running man and dance like crazy.

Ah...those were good times. Man, lets get outta here.
Word to yo' mother.