Shimano Stradic 8000 drag issues

I've had two stradic 8000 fi's and I love them, I use them for everything from spinning for big pelegics up north to popping for Tailor and Salmon around my home patch.

The one issue that I and a few of my fishing compadre's have found is that the Stradic 8000fi can have a few issues with a sticky drag, it probably effects about 50% of all Stradic spools out of the box. I actually lost one Stradic completly on a fishing trip due to this issue. It was my own fault as I should have fixed the problem as soon as I purchased the reel as it is very easy and only takes about five minutes. I only turned my back on the reel for a few seconds but as fate would have it, it was at that exact moment the fish decided to strike, typical!, not only did i lose what would have been a very decent fish but also the five hundred or so dollar set-up that was now connected to it.

Below is a quick video I have made demonstrating how to correct the issue, so hopefully you wont suffer the pain  of losing a great set-up like mine. Enjoy.