Blog Archive

Busy-busy with NEW jewelry designs!

Friends have been calling lately to ask what I'm up to now that the Christmas holiday is behind us. Taking it easy until New Year's? Well, no.
I've actually been super busy making some brand-NEW jewelry designs to teach in my workshops. Lately I've been using silk flowers and vintage buttons in my designs, as you can see in my wire-woven Cuff with Vintage Buttons (above) and the Fleur Bangle bracelet pictured below.
These two designs are just a couple of potential candidates for my "wire-art adventure" in Cortona, Italy this coming August 27-September 3, 2011. If you're interested in learning how to use flea-market finds from your travels to make stunning jewelry to commemorate your trip, I hope you'll join me this autumn for an unforgettable adventure!
My new Vintage Button Brooch is a smashing design, and it's great fun to wear not only as a lapel pin but on the flap of a crocheted purse or even on a knitted scarf. I've made these brooches in copper as well as sterling silver wire, to rave reviews!
I love my new Ripple Pins. So many creative possibilities! As you can see, they look great in sterling (or fine) silver as well as copper wire. No beads! Just lots of fun with 14ga wire and tools...
If you're interested in learning how to make beautiful jewelry with found objects, have a look at my Cortona, Italy page by clicking here. You'll find all the information you need to start making plans, but if you have further questions please feel free to email me as well.
Happy wrapping, and a happy and safe new year to all!