Blog Archive

Badda Bling Wacky Wednesday #26

P8200002  Candy is the challenge hostess today and she decided on Bling.  So, add any kind of bling to your card and or project, Glitter, Rhinestones, Pearls, Glitter EP, etc.  I actually used a pearl flourish by Prima, but I also pulled out my beading supplies and made a woven border for the top out of Czech crystals and pearlized seed beads.  The pattern is called Hugs & Kisses because of the x’s and o’s in the weave.  I love Paris and dream of returning there again soon, so that is a dream I do believe in.  Here is the full card and the deets.  Be sure to visit the RN Blog for the challenge details.  Also, check out what the other DT members have come up with this week.

P8200003

  1. Stamps:  Eiffel Tower, Believe in your dreams Text, Script background, Flourish inchies

Ink:  Versafine Smokey Grey, Onyx Black & Distress Aged Mahagony

Paper:  Prism Razzleberry Dark & Medium, My Minds Eye Designer Paper. 

Accessories:  Prima pearl flourish, Czech crystals and seed beads. 

The edges of the designer paper were “scraped” with a toothbrush inked up with versafine smokey grey ink.  This is my favorite way to finish off the edges of a layer to mimic the look of the edges of cardstock such as this piece of MME.  Once you cut down a 12 x12 sheet to card size, you are left with edges that don’t have the distressed printing.  The versafine ink/toothbrush does a good job of duplicating the look.  I really prefer the versafine ink for this as it is an oil based ink that dries quickly but is easy to manipulate.   I also distressed my paper slightly by tapping the brush on other areas of the DP.  I keep the brush in a small zip baggie and because of the oil base, the brush doesn’t need much inking off the stamp pad each time.  The woven detail at the top is attached with glue dots so that it can be removed and made into a bracelet. 

Have a wonderful Wednesday, I hope you are able to play along w/ us this week!